Cura not detecting printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jack1, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Jack1

Jack1 Member

I have Cura all set up and the printer is plugged in through USB on my PC, but Cura is not recognizing the printer and there are no options to print through USB. I'm currently running windows 10. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

Thanks,
    Jack

2. denys

denys Active Member

When you plug the USB cable in, does Windows see the new connection and install a driver?
    You can just copy your files from Cura to the SD card and print that way. In fact, I never use the USB as it slows the Deltaprintr down.
    I have added a micro SD to SD adapter and run a Toshiba Flash Air WiFi SD card so transfer the files via WiFi from my Mac.

3. Jack1

Jack1 Member

In the device manager it opens up a folder that says "ports (COM and LPT)" and it says under it USB serial Port (COM3). Does that help?

4. denys

denys Active Member

It sounds like the PC is seeing it ok.
    I just tried mine out and the USB icon did not become active until there was a model loaded on the Cura work space.
    But, under "Expert", the "Run bed leveling wizard" allowed me to test the connection and run "Up 10mm " to move down.
    ( the direction is reversed as home is at the top)
    Then, after loading an stl file, the "Print with USB" icon was active and clicking on the icon, the controls came up.
    You probably know all that, but I had to figure it out as I don't use USB printing at all.
    Does you Deltaprintr print from the SD card ok?

5. Jack1

Jack1 Member

I just manually selected the com port through cura, and set the Baud rate to Auto, that seemed to do the trick! Now onto the next problem! You'll probably be seeing more of me in the forums. Thanks for the help!