need help troubleshooting delta go....

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sacha, Sep 24, 2017.

1. sacha

sacha New Member

okay, I bought this Delta Go from a charity auction site (it was used, but by the looks of it, the person must not have actually printed anything). I ordered and installed the upgrade kit so brand new hot end ...etc.
    Im pretty mechanically inclined....but this is my first 3d printer (non-diy version). So I just want to see if I can get some basic info about the issues Im having (I should also say I did a pretty thorough search to see if anyone else was having my issues and while some came close, they didnt really lead anywhere). Also, I did some basic multimeter testing of the lights, heater, thermister, fuse, etc and didnt find any shorts.

Hardware issues:
    1. For the first day or two, when I power up the printer, the fan comes on and stays on and thats pretty much it. The lights didnt come on at all. Then, a few minutes ago, I noticed that the lights are actually very very VERY dimly lit green...and they stay that way.
    2. The SD card port seems loose to me. I can click the card in, but it doesnt "lock in" ...meaning I can still pull it out when its clicked in (if that makes sense) is that normal? I will say that it does seem to be making the connection though.

Software/Firmware Issues:
    1. The first thing I tried to do (multiple times) was load up the SD card and install the new firmware, I put the card in and start it up and...nothing. The lights just sit there ...sticking up their little, dimly lit, green middle fingers at me....lol.

Ive also tried all the instructions for software installation from the getting started guide and the upgrade guides....and I cant connect from windows 10, tried the arduino drivers too. That said, I can connect "sometimes" when I use the pronterface stand alone, but when I try to get it to do anything it throws "write errors" ...ie. Cant write to printer, disconnected?

Is this printer bricked?
    Thanks in advance (I was reluctant to post because I purchased the printer 2nd hand, but there is just no helping myself on this one...lol)

2. Shai

Shai Master printer guru Deltaprintr Staff

Can you check if the firmware is flashed on the printer? It should be named FIRMWARE.CUR. If it is named firmware.bin then it hasn't flashed. I would recommend trying to use a new MicroSD card of the same size - 4GB.

3. sacha

sacha New Member

yep, I can do that....Ill get back to you after trying the new card, Thanks Shai!

4. sacha

sacha New Member

Okay, I tried two new cards...neither of them flashed (still named firmware.bin) and lights still out/dim. I also tried connecting again through pronterface (stand alone). It connects then when I try to send anything it gives the "cant write to printer" error....

Also, just fyi, I repair mobile device boards (microsoldering) so I have a good idea of how everything should look, so when I first received it I removed the bottom cover to make sure the board was not fried (which has happened to me quite a few times in the past with other 2nd hand purchases) it is lighting up green, the board and all the connections look perfect, as do all the motors and wires, the fan is on so its getting power....just sayin'....LOL

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  5. Shai

Shai Master printer guru Deltaprintr Staff

The firmware needs to flash before you are able to connect. Otherwise nothing else will work. Make sure the SD card is formatted FAT 32. If it's still not flashing the firmware, then the board is dead unfortunately.

6. sacha

sacha New Member

okay, thanks!

7. sacha

sacha New Member

nevermind...got what I needed elsewhere

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017