Parts for another 3D printer.

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by denys, May 28, 2017.

  1. denys

    denys Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2014
    Messages:
    618
    Likes Received:
    178
    Recently one of our supermarket chains here in Oz had a special on a badge engineered 3D printer.
    It was $375 US ($499AU) and as it will print ABS I gave in and got one.
    BUT, printing ABS is a pain! So far I have not managed to have a successful print, so I'm using my trusty old Deltaprintr KS to print parts for a frame to make a case around the new on to keep it hot.
    As in my junk pile, there are lots of old TV and Ham radio antennae, with 9mm aluminum tubing, this is what I'm making the frame from. So I've drawn up joiners to put it all together.
    Photo on 28-5-17 at 5.55 pm.jpg

    Main box frame corners
    Photo on 28-5-17 at 5.56 pm.jpg

    Front Cover corners
    Photo on 28-5-17 at 5.57 pm.jpg

    The frame will just have plastic (maybe bubble wrap as I have lots of that) taped on.
    I'll post pics when I get it all assembled.

    Having designed and built an irrigation monitor, I need to print some parts in ABS as they will last better outside that PLA, or so I'm lead to believe. The case of the irrigation monitor is PVC storm water pipe, and one particular fitting needed is not made in the size I want.
    It is a 100mm disk to glue into the base of the tube to house the sensor probes. This is a PolyMax version of the prototype.
    Photo on 28-5-17 at 6.46 pm.jpg
    One project I was toying with was a heated bed for the Deltaprintr but I think not. It is running well, still after a couple of years. So let's not break it ;)

    It is a bit scary how many reels of filament I've gone through. Most of it was and is PolyMax, so not just cheap PLA either.
    You guys at Deltaprintr produced a great machine, thanks!
     
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. denys

    denys Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2014
    Messages:
    618
    Likes Received:
    178
    And this is what it ended up as...
    Frame.jpg
    FrontTopCorner.jpg
    AlmostCovered.jpg

    AccessFlap.jpg

    I ended up adding a window. An old bit of plastic packaging did the trick.
    AddedWindow.jpg
    SideView.jpg

    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2351805/#files

    EDIT: I've added a link on the Thingiverse site to the Tinkercad files, if I did it correctly.
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Shai likes this.
Loading...

Share This Page