snagged on off ebay

Discussion in 'Assembly' started by KaTZWorld, May 17, 2017.

1. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

picked up one of the KS Wood XL Version off eBay

this would be my ... I have alot of printers lets just leave it at that.

picked it up off ebay and got it assembled just ordered up some spools since the ones that were on there seem to be "FLAT" I noticed the ones on the shop have groves in them. Should have them in a few days and will toss on some spectra and see how it goes.

2. denys

denys Active Member

Great :)
    The one I was looking at on on Ebay some months ago was way to costly. I hope you got a good deal.
    My KS Deltaprintr still gets a lt of use. It is a great machine. Have fun.

3. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

$150 plus shipping.

I ordered the spindles and went back out to take a look at mine and noticed they had electrical tape on them ... so I will now have a spare set.

which leads me to believe the original owner sold it because they couldn't get it to work properly with the smooth "flat" spindles

this will be my 3rd delta but 1st one with the spectra line setup so far I like it will keep you posted on the progress of the first few prints

4. denys

denys Active Member

That is a good buy indeed!
    The one here in Oz had a great long description of all the things that were wrong with it and the owner could not get it working and than wanted $700 + shipping for it if I remember correctly. It was eventually sold and then some time later appeared for sale again, but still it was too expensive.
    I was tempted but not at the prices asked.

One of the first things to print, if it does not already have them, is a set of top adjusters for the drive lines.
    Here is one..
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1078583
    but I used these as they were the first version.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:744652

If you are interested, my journey is here...
    http://forums.deltaprintr.com/index.php?threads/setup-problems.122/

Another thing I did was to replace the plastic pulleys with brass ones that have ball races in them.
    http://forums.deltaprintr.com/index...-you-have-your-printer-running.486/#post-3524
    The Deltaprintr has given many hours of fun, and a bit of frustration too, but mostly fun!.
    Now I print lots of geckos and give them away..
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1862194
    There are quite a few things I've pit on thingiverse that have come off it.
    Enjoy :)

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. denys

denys Active Member

6. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

will run them off on the one of the minis, been looking over the forums and will most likely do the extruder relocate I saw on here as I have access to a laser at the local hackerspace

so far so good ... will keep you posted as I get it rocking and rolling

Shai likes this.
  7. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

So far so good
    Redid the spectra line for nth time and got the tension good and tight ...
    wires have been managed...
    I reflashed the original firmware onto the machine... Adjusted the FSR pads with some tape. Replaced the tubing with new PTFE.
    Got the machine to home and do the auto level routine a few times. Checked the PID and made sure the hotend was working good ... Flowed some plastic but didn't print anything yet ... Time for bed will hit it later today with a cube or something

IMG_20170522_020703_DRO.jpg

denys, Shai and mildmojo like this.
  8. denys

denys Active Member

It sounds like you are progressing well.

Here is my latest adventure.
    Because of a reel failure, the Deltaprintr stopped moving but kept on "printing"!
    CloggedFan1.jpg
    So it clogged the fan duct. After heating for quite a while, I managed to get the clogged duct off.
    This gave me a chance to do a modified version that sat higher to allow a LED ring to be installed.
    Version 4 from here...
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1219819
    TwinFans4Mounted.jpg

I've found the fan mod to be a good one.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  9. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

I will be using a laser I have access to shortly to cut a new effector and should allow for some more options in the mount of fans and such. I have just finished working on a friend's delta that I completely redid a few things to make it easier in this way

10. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

this is a DXF in Zip of the one I modeled up ... should be able to use it with plenty of mount options and points also will be able to secure the hotend with a ring/hold down point

should cut it sometime this week and give it a go on the delta

Attached Files:

11. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

things you forget when your doing this at work and not in the lab at home ... the center hole isnt sized right don't print or cut that ...I got home to a print I started from work with that and realized that the hole is sized for the step down section on the hotend and the top wont fit in to secure it

12. denys

denys Active Member

Please keep us updated as to your progress.
    It is a bit after 4AM here and I'm printing another personalized "Altoids" case for a birthday present. My Deltaprintr has given me so much pleasure. It is good to see another one starting up again.
    AltoidsCase.jpg

13. KaTZWorld

KaTZWorld New Member

working on tensioning now ... I did a few 20mm cubes in pla and they have wavy lines in the sides ... I might have to bite the bullet and put the new spools on there if that is the cause of the strange artifacts ....

other than that I got it up and running so far its spitting out plastic now for the fine tuning and getting it ready for the big show

14. denys

denys Active Member

The top tensioners are crucial I think. The other thing is to check the spool set screws are tight. Ove worked loose on my Deltaprintr, and that caused the prints to skew a bit.