Updated Firmware October 24, 2016

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Shai, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Shai

Shai Master printer guru Deltaprintr Staff

We have released an updated firmware for the Delta Go. The only change here is you now no longer have to un-mount/eject the SD card from your computer. If you want to save prints to your SD card, you'll have to use the MicroSD card adapter that was included with your printer.

I recommend everyone install this updated firmware as it'll save you time from having to constantly un-mount/eject the SD card from your computer.

Steps to follow
    1. Download firmware.bin (deltaprintr.com/support) and copy it to the root folder of your MicroSD card where FIRMWARE.CUR is located. Make sure it's named exactly firmware.bin
    2. Delete FIRMWARE.CUR from the MicroSD card.
    3. Disconnect the USB from your printer and un-plug and re-plug the power to your printer. The printer will take a few minutes (no more than 3 minutes) to power on as it flashes the new firmware onto the board. Once it's done flashing, the lights will turn white. If it takes longer than 3 minutes, unplug the power and replug it back in to try again.

2. kylejdyck

kylejdyck Active Member

Just tried this, and the lights turned white almost right away after I plugged the power back in. Normal?

3. Shai

You can check if the new firmware got loaded by connecting your printer to your computer. Does the printer present itself as a removable drive like it did before? If not, you're good to go :)

4. kylejdyck

kylejdyck Active Member

It did not, and while I haven't printed anything yet, it responded to the home command so I'm guessing it's a-ok.

Mike Harmon and Shai like this.
  5. Greed835

Greed835 Member

Worked flawlessly, great job Shai and Deltaprintr team! Waiting for some new hatchbox filament and i will be posting some prints on the showcase!

Shai likes this.
  6. Mike Harmon

Mike Harmon Active Member

I was amazed how quick the firmware flashed as well. It did seem to work though as it no longer auto mounted.

Shai and kylejdyck like this.
  7. Llamatongue

Llamatongue New Member

I just tried this but now am getting no response from the printer. The fan powers on but I am seeing no lights. I unplugged and tried again after 3 min, but got the same results.

8. Mike Harmon

Can you tell us more about the PC you are connecting with? Are you sending codes with Cura or Pronterface?

9. Mike Harmon

Sorry I had my printers mixed up.. with my printrbot I had to send code via software... I would re-download and follow the steps in post 1 again. That seems like the best place to start.

10. Llamatongue

Llamatongue New Member

I am using a Mac, but I was trying to Flash the firmware so it was not connected at all. However, at this point I get the same response whether it is plugged in to the computer.

11. Greed835

Greed835 Member

Talk with one of the team mates, on the main www.deltaprintr.com. They have a pop up window and it lets you talk with them through instant message system. Make sure you install adobe flash.

12. Shai

@Llamatongue Try running the auto-calibration by sending G32 instead of M32 auto_calibration.gcode.

This will run the auto-calibration directly instead of executing the file of codes that has this code in it. After G32 is done, save the auto-calibration settings using M500. Let us know how that goes for you. You only need to auto-calibration when you switch around the aluminum arms to attach them to new balls.

13. Llamatongue

Llamatongue New Member

G32 returns "ZProbe triggered before move, aborting command." Additionally M119 always gives me Probe: 1 whether the hotend is touching the bed or not.

14. denys

denys Active Member

Maybe the thermistor wires are shorted to the nozzle? Have a look under the sleeve and generally check the wiring. Do you have a multimeter to see if you can measure a short between the base and the nozzle tip? I don't have a Go myself so I don't know the details of the wiring but it sounds like your Go brain is reading a connection when there should be none.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  15. Shai

@Llamatongue Can you try heating up the hotend to 180 C for example? Does it reach the temperature? What's the temperature when the printer is idle? (not heated)

16. Llamatongue

Llamatongue New Member

Appears to heat to 180 C with no issues. Idles at around 30 C.

17. Llamatongue

Llamatongue New Member

OK, I cleaned the hot end (which appears to have been leaking filament from around the threads where the nozzle screws in) and I now get probe:0 when not touching the bed and probe:1 when touching. However, now when I run M32 auto_calibration.gcode from Cura or auto_calibration.gcode from PrintRun, it stops about 3/4 of the way through the calibration and flashing the red lights (flashing completely on and off, not pulsing like when it reaches the appropriate temp ).

18. Shai

@Llamatongue Can you please post a picture of your hotend up close so I can see which version you have? Also, pull down the red sleeve HALF WAY only, don't take it off completely and take a picture of that as well. If you take it off completely, the thermistor may fall out.

19. Llamatongue

Llamatongue New Member

Here you go:

DeltaGo_Sleve_On.jpg DeltaGo_Sleve_Off.jpg

20. Shai

Sorry about that... seems we're getting a lot of spam lately from vietnam.