Upgrade broke immediately on calibration

Discussion in 'Hardware & Mechanics' started by DJ Carter, Jul 25, 2017.

1. DJ Carter

DJ Carter New Member

I waited for months, finally got the upgrade and very carefully installed it. Copied the files to run the firmware upgrade and powered it up.

Then copied factory_setup.gcode to on_boot.gcode and powered it up again. It started ok, went straight down and didn't crash... but as soon as it swung to one side to tap for the outer edge one of the arms popped out of the top carriage. And then it moved again and two more popped out before I got the power off. Now it's dead and useless again. There's just no mechanical pressure on the outside of those sockets. I very grudgingly applied a little super glue to the outer edge but it's not going to work. It really needs to be a metal clip with pressure on the outer edge so those arms stay in their sockets.

I appreciate all the obvious hard work that went to the upgrade, but if the arms aren't secure I just can't print.

2. DJ Carter

DJ Carter New Member

3. Mike Harmon

Mike Harmon Active Member

That is a drag. I am not sure if any of us are having any success. I actually had a carriage crack. =( I posted a day or so ago and have not heard anything yet.

The prior system was not perfect, but I did have it at a point where I was printing successfully. Wonder if we will be able to get a retrofit kit to go back to that system.

4. Shai

Shai Master printer guru Deltaprintr Staff

We are aware that a few of the carriages have been cracked on some printers and we are looking into it to see if it could possibly be the material selection of the type of plastic. If you had a carriage break, please send us an email via our contact form on our contact page at deltaprintr.com.

Mike Harmon likes this.
  5. Andrew Holbrook

Andrew Holbrook New Member

I had a very similar issue. I sent money for new parts on July 9th that were supposed to be mailed to me that week. It's July 27th now. No word and no replies to my messages or emails....

6. Shai

Shai Master printer guru Deltaprintr Staff

Hi Andrew, we're waiting for a new shipment of parts to arrive so we can ship it out. A tracking number will be sent once it ships out end of next week.

7. DJ T

DJ T New Member

Mine Cracked too after one print. Two of the carriages are cracked. If I'd suggest making it thicker to prevent this. Or it can just be a bad batch.
    However do you have the cad files for these? I'd like to try and print out modified versions of these.
    upload_2017-7-31_10-55-35.png

8. Mike Harmon

Shot a note via the support page, but used my home email since school is out. I mentioned it in the form, but figured I would check here to see if that was alright.

9. Mike Harmon

I was interested in printing parts too, but figure the friction of our parts would be an issue.

10. DJ T

DJ T New Member

Will Do

11. Mike Harmon

I submitted Monday and have not heard a peep. Anyone get a response after submitting the form? It always takes me a minute to find the link to the contact us page, so I am putting a link in here.

12. Mike Harmon

I did get a response. I am in line for parts when they arrive. =)