You REALLY Need a YouTube Video on Initial Setup

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by drmiller, May 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. drmiller

drmiller New Member

First 3D printer ever and I found the online instructions full of jargon and assumptions that are unintelligible to first time 3D people. Like, "move your carriages down", what???, push on them??? grab them where??? force them down??? A video showing someone else doing that would take 5 seconds. And it's back and forth and back and forth to the text to the screen shots. Oh, and I had to "automatically" calibrate by issuing the command three times before it went corner to corner. And clean the head with a paper towel??? When do you stop? The factory filament keeps coming and coming. Wait till no more comes out???

There are several videos by 3D Printing Nerd but you can't see anything up close like screen shots, feeding the filament, wiping the print head, etc.

2. denys

denys Active Member

That is probably a good idea. I had a lot of "fun" at the start playing with my Deltaprintr. There is a lot of assumed knowledge and for complete novices it can be very hard.
    Like a lot of computer related instructions in general, "Click on gizmo icon" ??? What and where is the gizmo icon?
    I too like videos, or at least pictures showing every step. But is does take time to do it right.

3. Shai

Shai Master printer guru Deltaprintr Staff

Yep, we are in the process of creating a few videos for our upgraded Delta Go (for which everyone will get a free upgrade!). Once our final parts arrive, we'll start publishing videos. So keep an eye out for that.